- Your Holiday Contract with Blue Skiathos Ltd
This Booking Contract, with Blue Skiathos Limited (“we” or “us”). Please read it carefully as it sets out our respective rights and obligations. In these Booking Conditions references to “you” and “your” include the first named person on the booking and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:-
- He/she has read these terms and conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- He/she is over 21 years of age.
- He/she accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
- Your holiday contract
A binding contract is made with us when either:
- a) you tell us that you would like to accept our written or verbal quotation and you pay us a deposit.
- b) if you are booking within 14 weeks of departure or choose to do so at the time of booking, you make full payment of the cost of your holiday.
- c) we issue you with a holiday confirmation/invoice that will confirm the details of your booking and will be sent to you via email. We reserve the right to return your deposit and decline to issue a booking confirmation at our absolute discretion.
- Payment for your holiday
At the time of booking, you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit, 25% of the total cost of the price of the holiday accommodation.
Where you have paid a deposit, the balance of your holiday price (including the Damage Bond) must be paid no less than fourteen weeks before departure. By bank transfer.
If we do not receive your balance payment in full and on time, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you, in which case the cancellation charges set out below will become payable.
A confirmation e mail will be sent to you on receipt of funds transfer.
- Damage to property and Accidental Damage Bond.
Bookings are subject to a refundable Accidental Damage Bond, which is applied to your holiday confirmation/invoice, and is 25 % of the total cost of the price of the holiday accommodation.
If you or any member of your party cause any damage to our accommodation or any item in it or on its premises, you and/or your party will be required to pay for the loss and/or damage caused and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually responsible.
Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the accommodation owner prior to departure from the accommodation. The refundable Accidental Damage Deposit will be retained by us in part payment of the losses you cause.
Please check your holiday confirmation/invoice, and dates of your holiday you receive from us immediately on receipt. You must contact us as soon as possible if any information appears to be incorrect as it may not be possible to make changes later.
- If you change your booking
If you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way after your accommodation has been confirmed, we will do our upmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be made by e mail from the person who made the booking. Where we are unable to assist you and you do not wish to proceed with the original booking we will treat this as a cancellation by you. A cancellation fee may be payable. Any changes you make within 14 weeks of your departure will be treated as a cancellation.
- If you cancel your holiday
Once your holiday has been confirmed, to cancel the holiday, the person making the booking must email us as soon as possible.
Cancellation takes effect on the date we receive your email.
If you have to cancel for a reason covered by your insurance policy, you may be able to recover the cancellation charges. Claims must be made directly to the insurance company concerned.
The following cancellation charges apply:
- Date on which written notice of cancellation is received by us:-
- More than 14 weeks prior to departure – loss of deposit.
- 98 – 64 days prior to departure 40% of the cost of your holiday.
- 63 – 43 days prior to departure 50% of the cost of your holiday.
- 42 – 22 days prior to departure 70% of the cost of your holiday.
- 21 – 0 days prior to departure 100% of the cost of your holiday.
The cancellation charges above are standard throughout the Villa rental industry.
The Damage Bond if it had already been paid when the original booking was made, or paid 14 weeks prior to the holiday with the final balance, will be repaid in full.
Cancellation by You due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances
You have the right to cancel your confirmed holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary” circumstances occurring at your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the holiday or which significantly affects transport arrangements to the destination. In these circumstances, we shall provide you with a full refund of the monies you have paid towards the cost of holiday accommodation but we will not be liable to pay you any compensation. Please note that your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against travel to your destination or its immediate vicinity.
For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
- If we change or cancel your holiday
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your confirmed holiday or cancel it, however whilst we always endeavour to avoid changes and cancellations, we must reserve the right to do so.
Significant Changes by Us:
If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
- Cancel your booking completely, in which case we will refund you all monies paid by you to us relating to the cost of your holiday accommodation.
- If, where we make a significant change, you do not accept the changed arrangements and cancel your booking;
- Period before departure that a significant change is notified to you:-
- More than 98 days prior to departure £0 per person
- 98 – 43 days prior to departure £10 per person
- 42 – 29 days prior to departure £20 per person
- 28 – 15 days prior to departure £30 per person
- 14 – 0 days prior to departure £40 per person
Compensation will not, however, be payable and no liability, beyond offering the above mentioned choices, can be accepted where:
- We cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
- We make a significant change or cancel your arrangements more than 14 weeks before departure.
- Your accommodation
This is reserved exclusively for the people named on your holiday confirmation/invoice and no other persons are permitted to stay at the accommodation nor can you arrange for visitors to the property for the purpose of events like parties, celebrations or other large gatherings unless this has been agreed with us in writing and appropriate payments made (if applicable).
Additional guests will be asked to vacate, the accommodation by the manager or other person in authority. You and all members of your party also agree not to use the property for any illegal or commercial purpose, including subletting it or otherwise allowing anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted on your holiday confirmation/invoice.
On departure you should leave the accommodation in a reasonably clean and tidy condition so that we can efficiently prepare it for our next guests. If additional cleaning has been necessary, a charge will be made and the cost deducted from the Damage Bond.
Please note that certain group bookings may only be accepted.
- Special requests
If you have a special request that does not form part of the arrangements described on the website please inform us in writing at the time of booking. We will do our best to comply but cannot guarantee to do so.
- Holiday insurance
Holiday insurance is recommended. If you choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, we will not be liable for any losses howsoever arising.
- Our liability to you
We will not be responsible or pay you compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description.
- If you have a complaint
If you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday, this must be brought to the attention of the villa manager so that action can be taken at the time to rectify the problem.
At all times during your holiday, you are expected to have consideration for your fellow party members and our neighbours. If in the opinion of ourselves, the accommodation owner or other persons in authority, you are or appear to be behaving in such a way as to cause, or to be likely to cause, danger, distress, annoyance or damage to third parties or property or to either ourselves, we may terminate your holiday arrangements.
In this situation, we will have no further liability to you and will not be responsible for meeting any expenses you incur as a result, making any refund or paying any compensation.
You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the accommodation owner prior to departure from the accommodation. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us or by us, as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you.
- Check In / Check Out.
Check In on the day of your arrival will be from 15.00 onwards.
Check Out on the day of your departure will be 11.00.
Please vacate your rooms before 11am, we will provide an area and facilities for you and your party to use in the time between 11am and the time you depart from the Villa.